Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Family

Lately I've been thinking about how lucky I am to have such a wonderful family. I have parents that have been together for about 30 years and still love each other. Actually, I can honestly say that I never even heard them disagree let alone fight! They raised me in a Christian household that was full of fun times and love. They both worked hard to provide for me and my younger brother. It's not until I had a child of my own that I realized the "greatness" of their parenting. I realize the sacrafises they had to make for us and the hurt/worry they had to indure when we messed up. I thank God everyday for my Christian parents. Without them there is no telling where I would be and what I would be doing in my life.

Without getting into too much detail......I look around at other familys and see them lying, hurting, and backstapping each other! How can family do that to each other! I mean really! When everybody else fails you, your family members are the one's that are supposed to be there. Not the one's to go behind your back and befriend the one's that hurt you! It doesn't make good sense to me.

Anyway, God has truely blessed my life with wonderful family and not just immediate family. I have wonderful, Godly Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, etc. Seeing the way other families act towards each other really makes me appreciate this. I think this is one of the greatest blessings God has given me. I want to pass this blessing on to my son. I am truely dedicated to giving him a loving, Christian home environment......he deserves it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment