Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lets Try This Again.....

Ok, so I decided to start this and then I fell off the wagon. Soooo...lets try this again. Last night I was awaken by my baby crying :(. I went in to check on him and his eyes were still closed, so I didn't want to wake him. This happened on and off all night until his daddy finally got him out of bed at about 6:30. When he brought him in our room, he was hot. I could tell just by feeling him that he had a temp. So I immediately freaked (of course, that's what I do best). Adam stayed calm (that's what he does best..haha..that's why we work so well together) and took his temperature. It was 99.9 under his arm. I've always heard to add 2 degrees when you take it under the arm, so in my mind his temp. was 101.9 (WOW!). We gave him some Tylenol and I took him to his doctor as soon as they opened at 8:30. By the time we got there he had developed a rash on his face (poor baby). She looked him over and really couldn't find anything wrong with him. She said it could be allergies but she wants to make sure before putting him on any medicine. So anyway, I have to put some cream on his face, stop feeding him squash (that's our veggie of the week), and watch his temp. If it gets up above 101, I have to call her and let her know. From there they'll have to do blood work on him. So please keep my baby in your prayers. Lets hope it's nothing big! This kind of stuff probably wouldn't bother me but when he was born he had to be put in the NICU for a week because he had breathing problems. That was the worst experience of my life. I don't know how moms and dads with babies in the NICU for months get through it! Only through the comfort of the Lord!

*We got home around 10:00 and he's been sleeping ever since.......sweet, sweet baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment