Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Skills

My baby has mastered some new skills! First, he can now roll over from his back to tummy and he is so proud of himself! Every time he does it he looks up with this huge grin on his face. He's been able to roll over from tummy to back for a while and he LOVES doing that at night when he's supposed to be sleeping. So I'm sure he'll be rolling all over his crib now! Second, sucking his thumb. I'm not sure what to think about this one. At first I thought it was the cutest thing I've ever seen and since he never took a paci I was a little surprised by it. But then I got to thinking, and what happens when he's five and still sucking his thumb??? How do you stop it? You can't take their thumb away like you can their paci. Oh well, it's still cute! Third, he grabbed the dog! Adam and I have been waiting on this one. We have a teacup chihuahua and he's always staring at her and laughing. Today while he was playing on the floor he reached over and grabbed her neck with both hands. It was pretty funny. She didn't mind it though. She just stood there and licked him. She's such a sweet doggie and she LOVES the baby. When he was first born, she would sit next to him all the time. She wouldn't let him out of her sight.

Also, we went to the park today with some new friends from church, Stacy and her baby. Her sweet baby is about 2 weeks older than mine. He's a little cutie! We had a great time. I'm really enjoying our church and the new friends we are making! Tomorrow night they are having a crawfish boil! We are looking forward to this. Especially Adam, he loves crawfish.

Here's a picture of the baby and Juicy (the dog) at my parent's house last weekend. You can see how he wants to grab her!

No comments:

Post a Comment